Executing a move and making sure it goes smoothly and with no complications is always a tough thing to do. But when it comes to moving last-minute and rushing to get everything done in time, things get even messier. Moving is always a stress-inducing thing, but not having enough time adds even more pressure. So, it’s time to start looking for the best movers NJ and preparing for your upcoming relocation. If you’re feeling overwhelmed, don’t fret. We’re here to give you packing tips for the last-minute move and help you reduce your stress levels at least a little bit. We’ve got your back. So, keep reading and you’ll be ready to pack everything up and uproot your life in no time.
Get the packing supplies you need
First things first, you need to get all the packing supplies you’ll need if you want to successfully pack all your belongings. Of course, if you’re hiring movers in North Arlington NJ, you can get their packing services and avoid having to look for supplies. However, if you’re packing on your own, it’s time to start the search. Luckily, there are plenty of places you can get moving boxes. In even better news, you can even get free boxes and moving supplies!
- Grocery stores, supermarkets, bookstores, and other places that get regular deliveries might be able to provide you with used cardboard boxes they don’t need.
- It never hurts to ask your friends, family, or neighbors if they have any supplies they could give you. There’s a chance they have some boxes just lying around.
- You can use things you already own! Make use of your suitcases, bags, and even trash bags.
- Websites like The Freecycle Network are great if you’re looking for used packing supplies.
Once you’ve gathered all the supplies, you’re ready to put all the other last-minute packing tips to use.
No time to procrastinate when you’re moving last-minute
One of the most important packing tips for the last-minute move is avoiding stalling. It’s really easy to get distracted and fall into the abyss of procrastination, but try to avoid doing that. You’re already in a rush, so there’s no need to stall even more. Instead, make a plan of action and try and stick to it as best as possible. Of course, following a plan to perfection isn’t always possible, but do your best to stay organized. We suggest getting up early and starting to pack your life into boxes right after your morning coffee.
Reach out and ask for help
Even when you’re not moving last-minute, getting everything done on your own is practically impossible. It’s always better to look for help, especially if you want something done quickly. So, our last-minute packing advice is – grab your phone and call someone who can give you a hand!
Hire the pros to pack your things for a last-minute move
If you’d like to avoid the packing chaos, the best packing tip for last-minute moving we can give you is to hire professional movers. As we’ve already mentioned, you can simply get packing services from the moving company you’re working with and let them do their job.
You can rest assured they will have all the necessary supplies and equipment. Other than that, packing professionals know exactly how to pack your belongings so that they stay intact during transportation. You don’t have to worry about your things getting damaged before they arrive at the destination. Plus, your movers probably provide you with insurance, so you have nothing to worry about.
Your friends and family can give you a hand
When you’re preparing for this big life change, your friends and family are very likely to be willing to give you a hand. So, don’t be shy – give them a call and ask them if they can help you pack. There’s no need to deny needing help and avoid asking for assistance. If you’re trying to successfully pack your belongings last-minute, you’ll need as much manpower as possible. It doesn’t matter if you’re moving locally or long-distance, teamwork makes the dream work! This is a great way to spend some time with your friends, quickly pack your home and save some money.
Be organized – pack one room at a time
If you’re looking for packing tips for the last-minute move, you probably need help creating a packing system. Having a good system and being organized is the key when you’re trying to pack quickly and efficiently. So, our suggestion is to pack one room at a time.
This way, you’ll be able to focus on one place at a time and organize the things into the appropriate boxes. You’ll avoid making a mess in your home by trying to pack everything at once. If your friends or family are helping you, each one of you can tackle one room and you’ll be done in no time!
Extra tips for packing for the last-minute move
- Don’t pack the things you don’t want in your new home – declutter! There’s no need to spend time packing things you don’t need anymore, so get rid of them.
- If it’s fragile, it’s a priority. Fragile items require extra care and caution when packing, so take care of them first. Make sure to wrap them properly to protect them from damages.
- Keep your clothes on the hangers. There’s no time to fold your clothes if you’re packing last-minute, so just leave them on the hangers.
- Label the boxes. To make it easier for your residential movers to load and unload the truck, you should write labels on your boxes. This will also help you when you’re unpacking.
So, those are all the packing tips for the last-minute move you should keep in mind. It’s all about staying calm, focused, and organized. And if you’ve got someone to lend you a hand, you’re guaranteed to finish packing in no time. Good luck!