One of the staples of every move is the process of choosing moving boxes. They are the first thing that comes to mind when thinking about movers in Bayonne NJ, before moving trucks, stress, or the paperwork. The reason for this is simple. Moving boxes are quite versatile, and they can easily ensure the safety of your items. They have even more advantages – however, using them comes with a caveat. In order to use them properly, you will want to choose the right size of moving boxes. And this is where many troubles – and misconceptions – come into play. However, All Season Movers NJ are here to help you make the right moving choices. Therefore, in this article, we take a look at different sizes of moving boxes, and what you can do with each.
Choose the right size of moving boxes matters so you do not overpack
One of the biggest “enemies” of packing is overpacking your moving boxes. When you are getting ready for the move, you will be tempted to use as few boxes as possible. However, doing this is a huge mistake. All reliable moving companies Hudson County NJ strongly advise against it. If you are not careful with the size of moving boxes you are using, then you can damage or break the boxes – and the items along with them.
Every box has a weight limit that you need to pay attention to. Because of this, not all boxes are equipped to carry all items. Similarly, stuffing all your items into the largest boxes possible will make these boxes impossible to move. Just imagine it – you get extra-large boxes in which you want to pack up your whole library. Once you are done, how are you going to lift these boxes? How will you safely load them and unload them into the moving truck – or even transport them to their destination.
Therefore, it is imperative that you are very careful with the moving boxes and their sizes. Only by finding the right balance between all of them, you will be able to have the move that is completely free of all stress. With that in mind, let’s take a look at different moving boxes you can get through professional packing services NJ.
Standard moving boxes you can get
When you think about moving boxes, you are usually thinking about the cardboard cubes moving companies NJ use. These are the easiest things to work with. They stack nicely, they do not take too much space, and you can add all the padding you want to protect the items. Once you are done using them, you can store them by squshing them or recycle them. What’s more, they come in various sizes – and this is why we use them so often.
Here is what you need to know about their different sizes:
- The small box is 1.5 cubic foot one. They are 16 by 12.5 by 12.5 inches, and you can carry up to 60 pounds inside. However, for safety measures, you will want to keep their weight under 50 pounds. They will be perfect for heavy items like books, as well as fragile items like dinnerware, appliances, and lamps.
- The 3 cubic foot moving box is the one you usually see. This box measures 18 by 18 by 16 inches and can store up to 65 pounds as well. Here, you will pack your electronic devices – computers, consoles, and smaller appliances. You can also use it for pots and pans, and even for clothing.
- The 4.5 cubic foot box is similar. With a 65 pound limit, this 18 by 18 by 24 inches box is great for larger kitchen appliances and linens.
- The 6 cubic foot box can carry up to 70 pounds. Its dimensions are 22 by 22 by 21.5 inches, but you will want to put only light items inside. It is perfect for pillows, blankets, cushions – and even some bigger toys.
- The 6.1 cubic foot box has an interesting shape. Instead of being a cube, it is rectangular. It is made for items that cannot fit in the previous boxes.
Specialty moving boxes
Another thing you can look into is specialty moving boxes. For starters, there are wardrobe boxes, which are probably the biggest category on offer. These come in two variants – the hanging and the lay-down wardrobe boxes. You can find the first in three sizes-small, medium, and large – but all come with a metal bar and have the shape of a wardrobe. What you do is just hang your clothes inside instead of making creases during the move. This makes them perfect for clothing items you cannot fold. However, the drawback is that these boxes are heavy and often very large. Packing clothes flat will be more economical – both for the space in the truck and your wallet.
The latter type of wardrobe boxes are around 32 by 20 by 9 inches. They look like a drawer, and you can store clothes inside after folding them once. However, the drawback is that these boxes have weight limitations, so you will not want to overstuff them.
Finally, there are other types of boxes for specialty items. For example, you can get picture or mirror boxes that are perfect for frames and artwork. You will need to get your own bubble pack, however, for extra security. Dish packs and barrels, on the other hand, are amazing for packing glasses and bottles and silverware. Again, you will want to be careful with the total weight of the box during the move. Finally, there is no size of moving boxes that will fit a mattress – but a mattress box will. They might not be perfect for the move – but they are your best choice for storage services in NJ for a longer time.