To add value to your Bloomfield home, you have to make some adjustments. Moving is stressful enough by itself. It requires a lot of planning and organizing. The movers Bloomfield NJ are making it easier for you if you don’t have the time to deal with that. To do it on your own. After the relocation to your new home, you have to adjust to your new life. At a certain period, you will have to renovate or upgrade your home. And this will give your home not just the beautiful appeal, but it will also add up to the value. No matter if you wish to sell it one day or continue to live in it. Several projects can add value to your Bloomfield home. For which you don’t need a big budget to do it! And here are some tips and tricks on how to do it.
Projects that will add value to your Bloomfield home
Here is a list of projects that you might consider taking on to add value to your Bloomfield home:
- New heating system – Considering the temperature can drop to 19 F in winter, improving your heating system will surely add value to your Bloomfield home. It should be also done together with improving the general energy efficiency of the building. And this will include sealing any drafts around doors and windows, replacing windows that are beyond repair with double glazing, and adding insulation into the loft space.
- Updating your electrics – This might be essential. In case you have an old fuse box get rid of it. Install a modern consumer unit with an RCD (residual circuit device) for safety. Adding extra sockets is also recommended.
- New plumbing systems – Old pipes can really be a bugger! Leading to poor hot and cold flow. Or even burst pipes. You should consider upgrading to a pressurized plumbing system. That way you won’t need a header tank, and you will ensure good pressure on both hot and cold water.
- Update kitchen appliances – If your appliances are more than 3,4 years old, you should consider updating them. You should consider stainless steel and a professional series line.
- Kitchen cabinetry – Cabinetry is at the top of the percentage of kitchen costs, but also shows the most return. Always choose wood instead of laminate. Reface cabinets and add door and drawer hardware for less expensive updating.
- Countertops – Plastic laminate countertops are the lower end grade and granite is the higher end grade.
Even if you don’t plan on selling your house any time soon, it pays to know how to add value to your home. Unpacking your belongings and putting them in the right place. Reorganizing and settling down, getting to know the city, neighborhood.
Choose movers NJ to NYC to help you relocate safely! Certain projects are guaranteed to boost not only the appeal of a house but also its value. And they should not cost a fortune to do it.
There are a lot of ways you can use your basement space to enhance your home. With the right designs, your basement can be anything you want it to be! Our ideas in this article are the following:
- Cinema room
- Man Cave
If your family is into movies, then a basement home cinema theater is a perfect idea! Considering that this is a space with less or almost no natural light. Which makes it a perfect space for creating an environment for watching films or sports events without distractions. Also, it will create more options for your family members, as a separate room where they want to hang out with their friends. And have dedicated movie nights.
Turning your basement into an extra bedroom or a guestroom is always a good idea. Since this will also add value to your Bloomfield home. This however does come with its own specific challenges. There are certain things you need to take into consideration. Such as lighting, ventilation, and waterproofing products. These elements are crucial, as a sleeping space without windows or little natural light is more likely to suffer from moisture.
A basement man cave can be whatever you want it to be – the most important thing is that it’s a dedicated space to indulge in personal hobbies, games, or simply relax. Common uses of man caves are bars, darts, pool, or table tennis rooms, gyms recording studios/band practice room. Whatever the purpose is, the most important thing is that your man cave is a space away from the rest of the home. Where you can enjoy a bit of “me time”.
Just keep in mind that you don’t need to accumulate clutter in your home. Let your movers relocate only the items you will be needing in your new home and the items that will add value to it.
Turn your loft into anything you want
One of the best ways to add value to your Bloomfield home is to renovate your loft! Consider changing windows. If your budget allows you to put larger ones! Roof windows are also a great option. Because they will allow more light to come in. Temperature isolation is the most common and only issue, people have with their lofts.
If you choose to convert your loft into a bedroom, let your bed be in the center. This will make more of a visual impact. Otherwise, you should carefully plan the layout of things. Should you choose your loft to convert into a kitchen, consider sticking to an open-plan kitchen layout. So you can max out space. You will probably need help from professional movers but that can easily be arranged.
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, most people are working from their homes. A home office should be also a great idea that you can turn your loft into. It will provide your office natural light, due to the larger roof windows. You may also choose your loft to be a dressing room. Opt for an open wardrobe or clothes rack. This will reduce the amount of space required.
If you are a bookworm, you can convert your loft into a home library. You can create custom plywood bookshelves that will fit the dimensions of your loft. With a study space at the end by the window, it should bring you joy while reading your favorite book! All the things mentioned above will add value to your Bloomfield home. You always have an option to choose from, so plan everything accordingly to your budget and needs!